GoiTaikei --- A Japanese Lexicon CD-ROM
- Fig 1: Ontologies -- Three hierarchies with alomst 3,000 semantic classes (not all shown)
- Fig 2: Example of the word ホテル "hotel"
- Fig 3: Using the ontology to disambiguate translations
- Fig 4: Looking up ホテル "hotel" using the CD-ROM interface
- Fig 5: Looking up 運動する "move/campaign/exercise"
- Fig 6: Looking up the phrase 「～と...あう」 "meet/get along ... with"
Product Information (In Japanese: Iwanami Shoten)
The CD-ROM is in the EPWING format, popular in Japan for electronic dictionaries. It comes with software for Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintoshes, and can be used with the GPL-ed EB library under Unix.
- Japanese Windows98, Windows95 or later
- Pentium 75MHz or faster
- 4xCD-ROM drive
- 16MB or more (32MB recommended)
- KanjiTalk Talk7.5.3 or later (MaxOS8+)
- CD-ROM drive
- 4.5MB or more (8MB recommended)
Restrictions on Use
- You may use the data on the CD-ROM for research, so long as you follow the restrictions on use (in Japanese) shown on the CD-ROM.
- Satoru Ikehara, Masahiro Miyazaki, Satoshi Shirai, Akio Yokoo, Hiromi Nakaiwa, Kentaro Ogura, Yoshifumi Ooyama and Yoshihiko Hayashi (1997)
- Goi-Taikei --- A Japanese Lexicon. Iwanami Shoten, Tokyo.
- Satoru Ikehara, Masahiro Miyazaki, Satoshi Shirai, Akio Yokoo, Hiromi Nakaiwa, Kentaro Ogura, Yoshifumi Ooyama and Yoshihiko Hayashi (1999)
- Goi-Taikei --- A Japanese Lexicon CDROM. Iwanami Shoten, Tokyo.