Ph.D in Psychology
Sensory Representation Research Group
Human and Information Science Laboratory
NTT Communication Science Laboratories
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation.
3-1 Morinosatowakamiya, Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa, 243-0198, Japan
Human visual perception
Understanding the diversity and versatility of human visual ability
Test batteries that measure visual abilities easily.■ Gamified Vision Test: “Shikaku no Mori”" ― Tap the images for the details ―
- Kenchi Hosokawa, Kazushi Maruya, Shin’ya Nishida, Masayo Takahashi, and Satoshi Nakadomari (accepted). Gamified vision test system for daily self-check. 2019 IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (GEM) .
Visual motion perceptionHow does the human visual system process visual motion?
- Kazushi Maruya, Alex Holcombe, and Shin’ya Nishida (2013). Rapid encoding of relationships between spatially remote motion signals. Journal of Vision, 13(2):4, 1-20.
- Kazushi Maruya, Shin’ya Nishida. (2010). Spatial pooling of one-dimensional second-order motion signals. Journal of Vision 10(13): article 24
Visual awareness and binocular rivalry.How does the human visual system distinguish non-rigid material from complex motion flow?
- Kazushi, Maruya, Hiroki Watanabe, and Masataka Watanabe (2008). Adaptation to invisible motion results in low-level but not high-level aftereffects. Journal of Vision, 13, 8,11,7
- Kazushi Maruya, Eunice Yang, and Randolph Blake. (2007). Voluntary Action Influences Visual Competition. Psychological Science, 18(12), 1090-1098.
Interactive reading of dynamic text: "Yu bi Yomu"A new way to read dynamic text using a tablet PC
- "Yu bi yomu": interactive reading of dynamic text. Kazushi Maruya, Miki Uetsuki, Hideyuki Ando, and Junji Watanabe. ACM Multimedia, page 1499-1500. ACM, (2012).